Kospin Jasa was founded by several small and medium entrepreneurs in the 1970s. Their objective establishing this financial co-operative is to provide solution in coping with difficulties to get loan for their business capital, since generally their business was managed in a traditional way.
In order to overcome the financial difficulties faced by those small and medium business owners, then they held a meeting at the residence of Mr. H.A. Djunaid (the deceased), one of national co-operative leading figures, on December 13, 1973. The participants of the meeting consisted of the leaders of the three ethnic communities: the native Indonesian, the Chinese, and the Arabic-Indonesian. They all agreed to establish co-operative that run their service in providing savings and loans (Credit Union). Based on the agreement of all parties, this co-operative is named “JASA” or “SERVICE” in the hope it will be able to provide services and benefits to members, the co-operative movement, the community, society, and the government.
Since its establishment till now, Kospin Jasa has actively engaged all parties and groups regardless of ethnicity, race, class and religion. It is solely to unite in a coexistence society to solve problems in economics, together in one foundation. That is why Kospin Jasa receives the title as “The Co-operative of National Unity”.
Vision and Mission
To establish the Save and Loan Co-operative that is independent and firm based on the mandate in building the mutual economic and fairness in Indonesia.
In order to achieve the vision, Kospin Jasa has carried out some activities as follows:
- Invite all the potential parties in society regardless of ethnicity, race, class and religion, so that they can go along, be united and in a good faith to build the social economy in togetherness in a foundation called co-operative.
- Assist small and medium merchants in giving capital loan for their cash-flow business so that their prosperity can be improved.
- Participate in economic development and actively support the implementation of business activities by bringing other partners either State-Owned Enterprises, Private Companies, Banking or other co-operatives.
The logo of Kospin Jasa is materialized in the writing of Kospin Jasa where in the middle of the writing, there was a symbol of the “wheel” that moves dynamically formed the initials “J” with various kind of colors, describing “pluralism and togetherness” that co-exist and respect.
The symbol of philosophy of wheels is suitable with the vision of Kospin Jasa as a savings and loan co-operative, so the orientation of this cooperative in the next progress is achieving to be independent and firm based on trusteeship in building social economic with fairness.
Color on of the wheel is correlated to the mission, that invite all the potential parties in society regardless of race, class and religion, so that they can go along, be united and in a good faith to build the social economy in togetherness in a foundation called co-operative.
Managerial system is implemented by Kospin Jasa since its establishment. The members meeting as the highest power of selecting boards and supervisors from members for a term of 5 years with a third ethnic formations. The Boards have acted as policy maker and supervisor of operations as well as matters that was relating to the terms of a cooperative organization. In its activities of several boards are appointed supervision in suitable with be operational systems.
Daily operational is managed by Head of Division, which consists of: Head of Fund Management Division, Head of operations and marketing division, Head of Supervision Division with Loans assisted by the Head of the Central Office and branches and their staff. In order to create an effective work load, then there is Assistant Administrator to be appointed to manage.
A plenary meeting is held by management every month to evaluate works of the previous month and conduct the policy for the next month. The system of internal supervision is carried out by the Division of Supervision that assisted by several field inspector, while at the branch office, there is internal control unit (ICU) who’s in charge to supervise.
- Chairman – H. M. Andy Arslan Djunaid, SE
- Chairman I – Lukito Sindoro ( Liauw Yang Sin )
- Chairman II – Ir. Ong Umaryadi, MM
- Chairman III – Kadafi Yahya
- General Secretary – H. Sachroni
- Secretary I – H. Teguh Suhardi
- Secretary II – Ikhlasul Amal Akwan, SE., MM
- Treasurer – Budi Setiawan ( Yap Yun Foe )
- Treasurer I – H. Nadhirin Maskha
- Treasurer II – Drs. H. Bahrodji, MM
Coordinator of Supervisor : H. Lutfi Tochfa
Deputy Superintendent : H. Mustafa Mulahela
Member of Supervisory : H. Timur Teguh Santoso, SH
In accordance with article 12, paragraph (4), the article of association has appointed several advisors as follow:
- H. Mukmin Bakri, Bsc
- H. A. Syakur
- H. A. Alf Arslan Djunaid, SE
- H. Ali Mukti, SH., M.Hum
- H. Baidhowi
- DR. H. Moh Ali Shahab, SE, M.Si
- H. Taufik Karim